Well, it’s one week since Needlepoint Land opened. Here a quick and dirty summary of where things stand.
- All stocked with an excellent variety of threads and canvases
- Added new display areas
- Chalk painting of sleigh bench coming along nicely
- Store about 97% complete
- Still no shelving in the back of the store to display models (hopefully, this will happen on Wednesday).
- No table yet to display trunk show canvases.
- Need some sort of cube system to display small canvases and accessories by front left window
- Need to order more slatwall hooks for front counter merchandise
- Need to finish pricing for some designer lines
- The back office is a disaster. I need a table and some shelving in the little alcove adjacent to the office.
- Need another filing cabinet and to get my office chair completed.
- Need to get a room divider to hide the unsightly air conditioning unit.
- Need to consolidate the canvases in the office area and throw out one of the cheap clothes racks back there.
- Most bins that held canvases are empty– consolidate all canvases into one covered bin.
- Online catalog far from complete!
Clearly there’s plenty left to do. Still, I like the progress I’ve made in a relatively short time, and kind of like my prospects for when the season starts.
Store schedule this week (week of 7/28):
Closed Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Open Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SUMMER:
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
11am till 2pm
Will be closed for part of September.
Of course the blog is going to continue going strong! But I am not going to be posting quite as frequently from now on, since the saga of getting the store ready is pretty much over.
Now I can get back to my Monday tennis game with David (the tennis pro) at Jonathan’s Landing. It has been 2+ months since I have hit a tennis ball. Both the French Open and Wimbledon have come and gone, and I am looking forward to resuming my regularly scheduled tennis program.
© Erin McGrath and Needlepointland.com, 2012 – 2016